Planet Ozkids' Vision
Building on the success of the award-winning 'Animals, Myths & Legends' web site, Planet Ozkids was founded in 1998 by:
- Mary Lancaster – author, instructional designer, content creator, teacher and storyteller.
- Bob Smith – writer, multimedia producer, content creator and concept developer.
Planet Ozkids draws on the experience of its founders plus a trusted team of teachers, parents, instructional designers and specialists in the use of technology aided learning.
The Planet Ozkids' vision is to provide:
- Unique learning products based on Integrated Themes and Active Learning principles.
- Skills development information and interchange of ideas-and support for teachers.
- The best sites offering complementary content and educational resources.
What this means
For kids - fun things to do, exciting, interactive areas to explore and interesting characters to meet. They could save a world, play with a platypus or meet a dragon.
For teachers, facing a new century of education, - support and ideas for ways to integrate the new technologies and media into the curriculum to provide a broader, richer learning experience.
For parents - a safe environment in which they can explore the Internet with their children.
Planet Ozkids increases children's creativity by:
- Providing hands-on experiences and whole class activities.
- Providing offline activities and recommended reading to encourage exploration and learning away from the computer.
- Providing a multi-sensory environment to increase cognitive, affective and psychomotor skills.
- Providing resources and new ideas to supplement existing curriculum.
- Using interesting characters, storylines and activities to achieve learning outcomes in literacy, problem solving, maths, puzzlework and logic.
- Facilitating understanding about cultural differences between countries.
- Encouraging kids to find out about environmental problems facing our world.
- Stimulating kids to reach for the stars and explore the galaxy.
Integraged Themes and Active Learning transform Information into Knowledge